Ben in Hong Kong©

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Amazing Long Weekend

On friday we had the Summer Dayze junk boat trip which left from Sai Kung. It was perfect weather with blue sky and the unlimited drink and food went down well. I spent a good part of the day in the sea laying on a giant inflatable ring that could hold about six people. I wont write too much more about it because you can see a video i made on the previous post.

Saturday I went to Shek O beach and it was again a fantastic day. I sunbathed and slept/snored/swam most of the afternoon and then we all had Chinese food in the local village. That evening I went to the cinema to watch Wolverine and would advise anyone who likes that type of film to go and see it.

Sunday involved another beach trip but this time to Deep Water Bay. I swam and sunbathed then we all had a BBQ.

As a backdrop to all this is the swine flu. You might have seen in the news that Hong Kong has had a first case of Swine Flu and shut down an entire hotel as a result. Well this 'contaminated', hotel is about 4 minutes walk from my flat, which means that on Saturday morning Wan Chai was like a ghost town. The MTR was so quiet it felt like I was one of the only people in Hong Kong!

bx

No comments: