Ben in Hong Kong©

Monday, August 27, 2007

Not long now

In about 24 hours I can officially collapse and sleep for hopefully days. When 50 people arrived in Hong Kong, everyone in the office had to train them, house them, help them all find flats and provide entertainment. I knew it would be hard work, but I don't know how many more 5.30am starts I have left in me! If nothing else I have a new found respect for the people in the office who did the same thing for me last year. How can you look happy and smiley all the time? Even if you despair at the questions you are being asked.

Here is the best so far that a new guy asked me:


Newbie: Errr Ben, can I ask you a question?
Me: Sure
Newbie: If I use my English bank card in a Hong Kong bank machine, will it give me British money, or Hong Kong money
Me: Hong Kong money...

Now, i'm not saying that this is a daft question for someone who has never left England. But i know for a fact that this newbie is rather well travelled. Which makes me worry just a little bit.

On the subject of the office team. Here is a picture I found that we took about 9 months ago. Some people have left and some people are here. But I think you would agree that we look like a ragtag bunch.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



bx

No comments: