Ben in Hong Kong©

Monday, April 6, 2009

Bright lights

I realized that in the excitement of reporting how Nikki turned into the elephant woman I forgot to write about the best part of the camping trip last weekend

I don't know the technical name for it but the sea around the beach glows because the plankton in the water gives off an electric blue light. This is not my video but to see an example of what I mean click here .
When the tide had gone out the plankton was left in the shallow water of the beach and you could walk through it and set off blue puddles of light that glowed around your feet. It was pretty amazing.




bx

2 comments:

robynandben said...

It's called Phospherence, we saw it when we went skinny dipping in Portugal!

Ben said...

oh, everydays a school day! HMMMMmmmm blue glowing water with Uncle buulgaria and papa? theres a smurf joke there somewhere!