Ben in Hong Kong©

Sunday, October 14, 2007

High rise tradition

If you are a regular reader of this inane little blog you will recall my mystery about the giant glass candle cases on the roof of the building opposite. Well yesterday I spotted a little old lady actually setting them up! I am now more convinced that they are connected somehow to Chinese religion but still investigating further.



On the 13th floor of a different building I spotted a little outside 'temple box'. These things are pretty common but it made me amused to see a little one so high up! Complete with an orange as an offering to the spirits.

And yes, I suppose that taking discreet shots of people and their homes from my window could well lead to a restraining order. Will try to ensure that this does not get out of control.
bx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

they must have been full of high spirits.

Anonymous said...

hey ben
been trying to call you - am arriving this friday - still alright to put me up?
t

Anonymous said...

Can you identify the high rise tradition of glass cases by asking Grace or SK.Thus putting our minds at rest as to what it might be.