Ben in Hong Kong©

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Day 2

Well it is now day 2 and I am still in bed and still feel totally horrible. I went to the doctors and after he checked me over for 5 minutes, asked me for another few minutes the following questions.

  • Have you been touching birds recently?
  • Have you been touching feathers or feather products recently?

  • Have you been to or visited a farm recently?

  • Have you visited a zoo that has had birds in it?

All of these questions I could safely answer no to. However his last question totally confused me.

  • Do you think you may have been around birds and not been aware of it?

Hang on a minute, let's think about this last question carefully.
If I have been around birds and not known about it, how would I know about it?! I suddenly had this image of me walking down the street and a flock of pigeons bobbing their heads and stalking behind me. Every time I get this feeling I am being watched I quickly turn around and they flutter into the shadows, waiting for that perfect opportune moment to attack.



Anyway, back to the real world. I had to reply 'yes', I suppose it is possible that I may have been around birds and not been aware of it. I then decided I was going to cut to the chase and ask the question burning on my mind.

"Doctor, do you think I have birdflu?" He chuckled a bit and said "No, I think you have tonsillitis".

I don't know if he found it funny getting me worried, or if he just was being a good doctor and going through the motions. Either way, I was in no mood to find out. I took my antibiotics, throat medicine, nausea medicine, painkillers and sicknote and left.

I got a taxi home, hoping to shake off those pesky stalking pigeons.

Good news is that now I am in bed, I have good opportunity to find totally random crap to update you with on this blog. Click here to be taken to an interactive sunset of Hong Kong. All you have to do is move your mouse up and down the screen once it loads!

bx

No comments: