Ben in Hong Kong©

Monday, March 24, 2008

Chicken

Caused a scene at the supermarket this afternoon after going to buy frozen chicken, not the most exciting thing to write about I have to admit.

It started because the chicken was not frozen at the top of the chest freezer, it was soggy and unfrozen. I dived into the bottom of the freezer for less soggy chicken and the soggy defrosted stuff fell into the hole i created, sure to freeze up again. It was at this point i recalled the never ending health and safety food upringing kicked in from growing up in a hotel. Eating such food can be pretty damaging to your health.

So I did that arsey thing and asked to speak to a supervisor or manager. They displayed shock at the state of their chicken and promised to sort it out right away. However, walking away I suddenly spotted that their way of sorting it out was to put the soggy stuff back to the bottom of the freezer.

Three minutes later I must have come across to anyone walking past as the most frustrated white man regarding frozen chicken they have ever seen. Which I probably was.
bx
(Random pictures taken on my way to the goldfish market)






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi ben. we are sittin here in hamburg with peter and brigitte looking at your comments. you know never to buy frozen chicken in hong kong again.....
luv u lots mum and dad xx

Anonymous said...

i wondered what you were doing in Hamburg, say hi to them from me xx