Ben in Hong Kong©

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Local weirdo

Whenever I walk either to or from the office I quite often see students that the organization works with, every time I do, I always say hello or try to chat to them if I am not in a rush.

Sometimes the keen ones stick to me and don't stop chatting till I get to my destination, sometimes I just get a brief wave and sometimes I just get stared at.

It was not until recently that the reason for this dawned on me. There is more than one school in the area that wears the same uniforms, just with a different logo on the shirt pocket to represent the school.

So I have been walking around for the past 9 months saying hello to students who don't know me from any other random weirdo in the street... Which goes some way to explain the students who just stare at me when I say hi.

bx

No comments: